10 Tips for an awesome LEGO Display Shelves
As a kid, I lived my life as a lover of LEGO. At a point in my life, my elder brother had to join the military, giving me the chance to be in charge of his room. Not only did I have a room, but I also had a bathroom and an extra room just for me. I immediately began to decorate the room to my taste and also giving the bathroom a LEGO design with attractive Lego display shelves.
Since then, I have always desired to enhance my theme and turn my room into a complete Lego room. As soon as Ibought a house of my own, I immediately began to create a standard “Adult LEGO room”. You may wonder why it is called an adult Lego room. Well, the reason isthat it is more organized and unique compared to the room of a kid. I did notachieve this alone as some of my relatives assisted me.
Lego Room Ideas For Adults
Do you also want to make an awesome room just like mine? Well, it is not so difficult if you do it the right way. In this article, I will share with you some important tips which I found to be helpful in making a fantastic LEGO room.
Storage & Organization
· This is the first step to making your room amazing. You should first make plans about how you want to organize your sets and make storage for different sizes of sets and/or bricks.
· You can make use of big storage items like the IKEA TROFAST Frame & bins. They are good for arranging bricks by size and color.
· There are different kinds of LEGO 2023 sets and bricks that can be used for holding ends and odds. An example is the train track.
· Create a place where you can store small bricks. You can make use of hardware cabinet or A kro-Mils craft. With these two, it will be easy for you to organize small pieces of LEGO bricks. When I have decided which would be in a particular drawer, I will printout a clear sticker of all the pieces and attach each of them where they belong.
How to Display Lego Sets?
This is the second step that helped me and my relatives to come up with a wonderful LEGO room.
· Here, we made use of various shelves to display the sets that have been built.
· We also made use of floating shelves for the display of small sets. We made these shelves on our own using scrap wood and angle iron.
· We made use of wall shelves as they provided more space for our display. These are standard shelves. You can make use of them as well.
· Making use of a large shelf is also a good idea. I had to transform the 2 IKEA TROFAST FRAMES that we used from the beginning into a complete shelf where I can display LEGO sets by setting a wood board on the top of the frames and putting some trims on it.
· I also made an artificial display table by putting some trims on the top of a wooden board and placing it across two IKEA KALLAX shelves. This gives me more surfaces where sets can be displayed.
This is another thing that you can do in your room to make it unique.
· Having a bench might sound weird to some people, but it can serve as a great alternative to playing on the floor.
· Having a dry erase board that you can use to draw the designs of LEGO sets will also add to the beauty of your room.
· Soft bricks can also enhance your LEGO room. When I visited Legoland in Florida with those of my relatives, I realized that there were amazing soft bricks in the play area for kids. So, I went to an online store and purchased them for myself. Now, I store them in alight-weight basket and this has really made my room incredible.
· My nephew came up with an idea to set up a pallet table as a surface for setting up my LEGO city, and guess what, it was perfect.
· You can set a rug in your room as a play space. Personally, I loved hard flooring to be in y room. You can comfortably build on it, but may not enjoy sitting on it. Recently, we stumbled across this rug and it perfectly fits my room, and I now gave a more comfortable floor to play.
Decorate Your Room
This is the fourth step that we took to accomplish our goal of creating a marvelous room.
· We first made use of wall color. We call this color zesty apple. It adds amazing color to the room in addition to the numerous colors that the different bricks offer. I used the zesty apple because I wanted to add the color to the existing colors in the room.
· The kind of curtain you out in your fun room also has a role to play in your mission. In my room, there is a big window. So, as I put the curtain, I had to paint it to look just like my walls. After painting, I and my nephews put our foot/handprints on the curtain. I loved the beauty that it added to my room. I cherished it so much.
· Displaying LEGO posters in your room can also enhance its beauty. There are some sets that you will purchase and you will find a poster in some of them. Since I have the posters, I had to display some of them. You can also do the same thing. Do not throw the posters away, you can save them and add them to your display collection.
· I came up with an idea of LEGO Art. I believed that it was going to be nice for my room, and it was just so. It was cute.
What do you want to display?
· Do you want to display ready-made sets or the ones that you personally created?
· We really enjoyed the process of deciding the sets that are to be displayed. It marveled me when I succeeded in putting back all the harry potter sets I had from 2000 together and display them in my room.
· When I was still studying in a high school, I had some custom creations saved in my bathroom. I also brought them out for display.
· But which sets was my favorite? I always love the sets that were created by my nephews and I can proudly display them. One of my cousins brought the minifigures that he made at his younger age, and I created stands for his favorites among them.
· Deciding on which set may be time-consuming, but it is fun. To make it easier for you. Start by displaying the sets you love most.
Adding Non-LEGO Toys for Kids
I have some non-Lego toys that I added to some of my LEGO storage boxes. You can still display these toys without other people noticing it. Some toys that you can also add to the LEGO collection in your room that will be loved by kids are Mickey gloves, “grow” ball, and Disney monorail.
You definitely love the "Lego Storage Ideas"
Having a wardrobe to store your sets is a great idea that can give your room that Best LEGO Theme you have ever wanted. With this storage method, you can quickly pack up your sets and easily store them. If there are up to two or more LEGO lovers in the house, having a wardrobe will help you to avoid unnecessary fights and arguments about who is the owner of a particular set or brick. It is also an added beauty to your fun room.
You can just have a folder in your bedroomwhere you can always check for comics or building instructions. This will helpyou to save time as you will not be running around looking for these importantdocuments.
Even if you do not have enough money to purchase bins or drawers, you can still show creativity by making use of something available. You can just arrange some of your bricks in a shoe hanger. Each of the shoe pockets can be used to differentiate pieces by their size or color.
If you follow these steps mentioned above,you will be ready to create your dream LEGO room. These are just a few tips but are very helpful.
Why not make your LEGO collection look outstanding by customizing your lego display shelves with our fascinating Lights and your room will be more than just amazing, most especially, at night. So, what are you waiting for? Contact us today and we will be ready to answer you as soon as possible.