Best LEGO Resorts In The World
Going to resorts to seek for recreation and relaxation is and has always been the joy of most persons who toil day in, and day out.
It's highly refreshing to know that there are fun places where you can go to each time you feel like you've had it up to your nerves and you especially need a vacation somewhere.
For lovers of LEGO, you are certainly not left out. LEGOlands has been established by the British theme park company solely to help individuals and families who need time to relax and relive their healthy memories.
Who Is the LEGOLAND Meant For?
Just like every other thing that exists in the world, the LEGO Land resorts are specially targeted at people who need alone time, couples who need time to relax, and families who want to give their children the best of happy times that is, children who are 11 years or younger.
However, in this article, we are going to be looking at the different LEGOlands that exist, and the features that make them exceptional.
1.LEGOland Malaysia Resort
The LEGOland Malaysian Resort was established seven years back on the 15th of September 2012 in Iskandar Puteri, Johor, Malaysia, having interactive rides, shows and attractions that are well over 40.
This LEGOland, is, however, the first international-themed park to be opened in Malaysia. It's also the first in Asia and the sixth LEGO-themed park in the world. This park was officially commissioned by the Sultan Ibrahim Ismail, of Johor on the 22nd of September 2012.
Features Of the LEGOland Malaysian Resort.
Getting into LEGOland Malaysian Resort ground is easy. Understanding the structure of the resort prevents you from missing your way and it gives you ample time to enjoy your whole stay at the resort. First, you go in through the main entrance of the park. Here are some of the things to expect when you get in:
● You will find a LEGOland shop that specializes in selling all that concerns LEGO -LEGO toys, LEGO books, LEGO toys and some other LEGO items that will help you to enjoy your stay, there at the resort.
● Looking through the left side of the entrance, there, you will find LEGO games that are highly interactive and also LEGO buildings which have a section that provides the visitors at the resort an opportunity to build LEGO cars, LEGO skyscrapers, or even LEGO houses. They are also allowed to test their creations and judge their activity.
● There's also a LEGO Mindstorms which typically allows you to have a swell time with computer games and also get access to the LEGO robots.
● Then there's the sky cruiser, a one rail ride that takes place in the air, that you get to have control over by moving the pedals on the tracks provided. Here, you can pedal above the LEGOland park setting and have a clearer view of what other parts of the city looks like.
● The kiddies section contains the Kid power towers, here you move the seat of your vehicle to go above or at the top of the tower, you just have to allow your seat to be when you drop down the tower again. And,
● TheLEGO Duplo playrooms. Which is a playroom aimed at nurturing the interactive side of the kids aged between 2-6 years?
2. LEGOland Deutschland Resort Germany
The LEGOland Deutschland is a LEGO-themed park that was established by Merlin Entertainment Group about 18 years back on the 17th of May 2002 in Gunzburg, southern Germany.
It was reported that during the first year of establishment, the park had received about 1.35 million guests. It is the fourth LEGO park to be established and the very first of its kind in Germany.
LEGOland Deutschland Resort is said to be one of the biggest LEGO attraction lands. Initially, when it was opened in 2002, it was built with 50 million LEGO bricks, had about 40 attractions, 7 LEGO-themed lands. Moving on 10 years later, it had a maximum expansion which resulted in it having 8 worlds of adventure, 50 LEGO attractions, and 55 million LEGO bricks. Also, in April 2013, an Android and iOS app version of this LEGOland resort was made available by the Merlin Entertainment Group.
Features Of the LEGOland Deutschland Resort Germany
The LEGOland Deutschland Resort Germany features :
● An entrance point, where the visitors enter from. In this area, five shops are located and also, the visitors get to buy a pass which allows them to tour around the park.
● There's also the Miniland which has several recreational grounds of the European cities which include; Venice, Netherlands, Berlin, Frankfurt, etc. The Miniland also has certain sections that contain the Star war Models.
● Kingdom of the Pharaohs where people get to go on a treasure hunt that is highly interactive.
● Lastly, there's the LEGO City which features: the airport, LEGO factory, harbor cruise, Hyundai LEGOland driving school, shipyard playground and so many more.
3. LEGOland Japan Resort
LEGOland Japan Resort is said to be Japan's first LEGOland theme park, it's located in Minato-ku, Nagoya Japan. It's also the second in Asia and the 8th of its kind in the whole world.
This LEGOland resort was officially opened on the 1st of April 2017. The entry prices range from ¥6,900 for the adults and ¥5,300 for the children around the age of 3-12 years. Since inception, the park has constantly received well over 2 million visitors every year. At the moment, the LEGOland resort is said to be closed, courtesy of the coronavirus Pandemic.
Features of LEGOland Japan Resort
This LEGOland resort is relatively new, so this means that there are not so many very exciting features yet. But however, here, are some of the features of this resort:
● A theme park that has various rides that consist of Tokyo Station, Nagoya castle and Kiyomizu Temple in Kyoto.
● The theme park has been divided into seven different zones which are: Pirate shores, LEGO City, knights kingdom and a Miniland.
4. LEGOland California
This LEGOland is some sort of LEGO theme, aquarium, and miniature park. It is was opened on the 20th of March 1999. This is the third on the list of LEGOland parks to be opened and the very first outside the shores of Europe.
Currently, the LEGOland California is being owned and managed by the Merlin Entertainment.
The attendance at the LEGOland California had a great increase in 2013 in that they were welcoming about 2.5 million visitors and 3 million visitors in 2015. This made the park owners employ over 2200 workers just so the services being rendered at the park won't be cut short. L
Some attractions in the LEGOland California includes:
1. A park that was originally established in March 1991.
2. A Sea Life Aquarium that was built with the LEGO team. it was opened in August 2008 and it's also the United States first Sea Life.
3. The LEGO-themed water park4. Two hotels named: LEGOland Resort Hotels which was made accessible in April 2013 having close 250 rooms and the LEGOland Castle Hotel that was opened in April 2018 also having about 250 rooms.
And so many others…
Other features of the park include:
● An explorer island
● The LEGO Friends Heartlake City
● The Fun Town and,
● The Duplo play town
5. LEGOland Dubai Resort
This is otherwise known as the LEGOland Dubai is located in the Dubai Parks and Resorts. It is a LEGO-themed park specially made for families with children around the age of 2 to 12 years to come, explore and relax their nerves.
The LEGOland Dubai Resort was established on the 31st of October, 2016. Making it the first LEGOland park to be opened in the Middle East and the seventh in the whole world.
Prior to the opening in 2016, the park was initially scheduled to be opened in 2011 in Dubailand with the name LEGOland Dubailand.
Features of the LEGOland Dubai
Just like some other LEGO lands that exist, LEGOland Dubai also has special features that tend to distinguish it from the rest. They include:
● Different kinds of rides and activities.
● A Miniland that consists of well over 20 million LEGO bricks that are being used to create about 15,000 LEGO mini-figures and some other LEGO structures that exist in the world.
● A LEGO Dubai themed lands - imagination, kingdoms, adventure, factory, and LEGO City. It's also important that you note that each of the lands that make up the themed lands has distinct rides and scenes built to adapt to the theme of the land.
Note: To gain access to LEGOland Dubai, you can buy the single-day tickets that allow you to enjoy the whole of the day there or the annual tickets which last for a year. However, discounts of purchase have been provided for the people who reside in the United Arab Emirates.
6. LEGOland Denmark Resort
The LEGOland Denmark Resort was officially opened on the 7th of June 1968 in the original LEGOland park, Billund Denmark.
the LEGOland Denmark Resort is situated very close to the original Denmark LEGO factory and Billund airport. Having recorded more than 1.9 million visitors in 2011, and about 50 million visitors since it was established. This has made this particular LEGOland resort, the most sought after tourist center in the whole of Denmark.
The LEGOlands resorts are places for fun and utmost relaxation. They are very suitable for die-hard fans of LEGO, and more so, you have an opportunity of letting your children have all the LEGO experiences they want in one day. You should check them out sometime!